We had an strange turn of events I have kept from the blog until now. One of our camp mates, Jeremy, had a swollen hand and arm for three days. We thought he had an allergic reaction to a big bite or a spider bite, but as the swelling got worse and kept up his arm, we decide the est thing was to take him to the hospital. Unfortunately, with his birthday only a day away, an Blackpot festival was just getting started. Jeremy was pretty bummed. After some hours of waiting, we heard from the doctors that we had a blood clot in his arm and would need to stay the night in the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry-Jeremy had a good night of rest, some meds, and some delicious southern hospital food and by next day the clot had disappeared. We went to pick him up the next day and took the opportunity to clean up using the luxiourious shower in his private hospital room, and order room service while we were at it...breakfast biscuit sandwiches...Mmmmm. Jeremy is doing fine now, we're happy to celebrate his birthday with him today!
Leave a Reply.